Friday, October 24, 2008

Chocolate Chip Scones



okay, so I got inspired today!! I made chocolate chip scones this morning!! Here is the recipe (I found it online and tweaked it a bit)

They are super easy and really good!!!

2 cups Bisquick or Jiffy baking mix ( I used Bisquick pancake mix... worked fine!)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons butter softened
1/4 cup half and half  (I used milk instead... but need to add a bit more milk to make the dough stick together... the dough will  still be really crumbly)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 egg
cinnamon
sugar

Directions:
Stir Bisquick and brown sugar together.  Cut in butter until looks like coarse crumbs.  Stir in milk (half-and-half), chocolate chips and egg just until moistened (Like I said... I needed to add a bit more milk...)
Turn dough onton surface lightly dusted with Bisquick. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick, cut as desired (circles, triangles... even octagons if you so desire :)  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown at 450. 

I added a glaze after they came out of the oven and it made them SUPER good...

Glaze:
1/4 cup powedered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Lois Holman said...

yummy - wonder if I could make half a batch. Say, I could make them and bring them to Sally Reeves birthday breakfast next week.

Carissa said...

You know they don't make that many.... the picture of the plate is all it made.

Unknown said...

those look GREAT!