Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quilt Festival

Here is my quilt for the Quilt Festival! (I finally got time to enter)


The fabrics are mostly from Valori Wells (with one or so from Amy Butler).
This is Anna Maria Horner's "Birdcage on a chain" pattern. I feel the theme still works with butterflies instead of birds and love the butterflies inside the 'chains'.
I learned a lot while making this quilt. This was only my second time free-motion machine quilting. I learned a lot and feel I am slowly getting more comfortable with the motion of quilting. I quilted mostly with butterflies and loops.
I had a very hard time taking pictures of this quilt. The fabrics do not show up nicely in the pictures, but the colors are very pretty in person!
Overall I am very happy with the quilt and am glad I was able to enter the festival in time :)









12 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Gorgeous quilt!! Love the colors, and your FMQ is beautiful!!

Lonci said...

Your quilts are wonderful:)

Martine Kuciel said...

superbe ensemble aux couleurs toniques félicitations

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

You will undoubtedly see this written over and over: GORGEOUS quilt! wonderful colors and your free hand quilting is stunning.

Blessings & Aloha!
(I am hopping over from the Quilt Festival...hope you get a chance to stop by :o) Also...as a novice quilter...I am taking this opportunity to ask quilter's what type of sewing machine do you use? )

Douglas said...

Once again, Carissa, job WELL DONE. This quilt is beautiful. You can BE PROUD!! Aunt Inge

Little Island Quilting said...

I was going to use the word 'gorgeous' but I see it's been used already. Instead I'll use FAB!

Chris said...

I love the movement of the design. Beautiful.

Lois Holman said...

wonderful job!

Lynn Koeppen said...

Beautiful!

erin lebeau said...

gorgeous!! the colors are just stunning! http://erinlebeau.blogspot.com/

Kristie said...

Gorgeous quilt and beautiful job with the FMQ- hard to believe this is only your second time! Congrats on your Blogger's Festival win :-)

janet said...

I love the butterflies, and the way you quilted it!