Had a good time on Halloween... will post some pictures on Picasa... and a funny video of Ben! Relaxed most of the day Saturday (I spent mine turning a pair of jeans into a jean skirt... still isn't finished yet though). Then Saturday night we went to a get together with all the kids and some of the parents of the kids which were in town. Had a nice time... feel old though :) jk
Sunday we had a good union meeting down in Santa Maria. The man of the house has a concrete business (I think) and was working and found a live tarantella. He caught it and brought it home in a container... was on display after meeting. I only caught a glimpse of it but that was enough to freak me out!!! It was really big too... it looks like one of the fake plastic ones (well from all the way across the room it does... wouldn't venture closer... or even look that way after that). I am told there isn't any up here in SLO (San Luis Obispo) because it is a slightly colder climate (Santa Maria- 40 min away- is warmer and further from the ocean). That is enough to give me the creeps for the month... or longer.
Sunday night we went over to Jordan and Laura's house and had a GREAT dinner... steak, rolls, salad, mashed potatoes and green beans. Had fun afterward by playing apples to apples and catch phrase.
And finally today..... MY FIRST DAY OF WORK!!! All went really good... just orientation today. They seem like a really good company to work for... good benefits and even vacation. Really liked it... will be a lot more laid back and nice company. I got a free water bottle and a t-shirt on the way!! Nothing to interesting to say... just sent my day in the board room... same for the rest of the week. Oh... they have never been robbed though and have been in business since at least 1980.

3 comments:
Thanks for the update. Enjoyed your summary of the weekend and your first day of work. Tty tomorrow.
Nice! Wish my schedule wasn't so odd so I could participate in things on the weekend. Oh well. Bank of America gave away a TON of free stuff, t-shirts and mugs and the like.
I really like your new lunch bag. You're getting a lot of mileage out of the shower curtain.
Post a Comment